The TAP phonics book apps for iPad is a series of decodable novels aimed at a teen and adult audience. Each book in the series seeks to blend sequential and decodable phonics with real literature containing sophisticated, sometimes gritty, themes. These eBook apps for iPad are designed by specialists to be used by specialist dyslexia/literacy teachers, schools and parents as well as teens and adults seeking to learn to read.
“Bad” is now available on the App Store!
Subscribe to our mailing list below and get the news as soon as new apps are available.
- typefaces and typesetting (larger fonts and interline spacing) and choice of contrast (light on dark or dark on light) helpful to readers with dyslexia
- high-quality images that support and enhance understanding of the text but can optionally be removed
- progress through the book is indicated and encouraged with feedback appealing to older emergent readers
- distractions on pages with text are minimal (no movement or sound unless the user interacts with the app)
- support material for teachers/tutors readily accessible from the home screen rather than being "part of the book" and a possible source of embarrassment or disappointment for the learner
On our blog, you'll find articles related to dyslexia and other learning difficulties such as ADHD and ASD in teens and adults, phonics for older learners, and tips and resources for teaching reading to teenage and adult emergent readers.