The TAP or Teen & Adult Phonics Library app for iOS, the TAP School Editions (no in-app purchases) for iOS and Android (Chromebooks) offer a series of decodable novels aimed at a teen and adult audience. Each book in the series seeks to blend sequential and decodable phonics with real literature containing sophisticated, sometimes gritty, themes. The app and individual novels are designed by specialists to be used by specialist dyslexia/literacy teachers, schools and parents as well as teens and adults seeking to learn to read.
Read on to learn more about some of the features of our app that support learners with dyslexia or other SpLD or look here for a description of each of the stories in the current collection.
Subscribe to our mailing list below to get the news as soon as new stories are added to the TAP Library.
- typefaces and typesetting (larger fonts and interline spacing) and choice of contrast (light on dark or dark on light) helpful to readers with dyslexia
- high-quality images that support and enhance understanding of the text but can optionally be removed
- progress through the book is indicated and encouraged with feedback appealing to older emergent readers
- distractions on pages with text are minimal (no movement or sound unless the user interacts with the app)
- support material for teachers/tutors readily accessible from the home screen rather than being "part of the book" and a possible source of embarrassment or disappointment for the learner
For details about the phonics content of each level in the series, please have a look at our phonics level page. Download the free TAP Library app for iOS to browse the beginning and support material of each novel in the Library. The TAP School Edition for iOS and Android (supports most Chromebooks) is a pay-once version the includes full access to every story in the collection now and in future updates.
On our blog, you'll find articles related to dyslexia and other learning difficulties such as ADHD and ASD in teens and adults, phonics for older learners, and tips and resources for teaching reading to teenage and adult emergent readers.